Sapa Roof Glazing 5050
Sapa 5050 roof glazing system consists of 50 mm wide insulated aluminium profiles. The system has a longitudinal insulating strip which provides good insulation and support for the glass holders. The horizontal, vertical and dividing profiles come in different depths. Rebate for single glass or for double and triple glazing units.
The 5050 system makes it possible to give the roof virtually any form. Glazed roofs can have large spans without compromising the static stability.
Sapa 5050 roof glazing is also available in an uninsulated version with a single glass rebate.
- Insulated or uninsulated profiles.
- Profile width. 50 mm
- Profile depth. Vertical: 60-180 mm, horizontal: 25-138 mm
- External glass holders. 7 mm for stability and good water runoff
- Vertical dividing profiles. Width 50 mm
- Roof lights for comfort ventilation and smoke evacuation.
- Inclination. Recommended at least 15°
Glazed roofs shall be designed to prevent accidents resulting from fall or stepping through. Normally, toughened glass is used as the outside layer and laminated glass as the inside layer. Applicable standards and requirements should be taken into account.
- 44-51 mm tripple glazing units
- 24-35 mm double glazing units
- 6-11 mm single glazing
Rough calculation of glazed roofs. See tables below in PDF format.
- Roof types and conditions
- Shed roof on 2 supports
- Shed roof on 3 supports
- Shed roof on 4 supports
- Gable roof on 2 supports
- Gable roof on 3 supports
- Gable roof on 4 supports
- Self-supporting gable roof