Sapa Facade 4150 SSG – Structural Glazing
The 4150 SSG Structural Glazing facade system consists of 50 mm wide insulated aluminium mullions and transoms. The system is based on double glazing units with a warm edge and a specially developed mounting profile for installation fittings. The glass panes are anchored in the mullions and transoms with the help of installation fittings. The weather seal between the glass panes is done with the use of an approved sealing compound, usually black. The design of the inside gasket and the insulating strip optimises the insulation of the profiles.
The mullions are designed so as to ensure stability under the dimensioning loads and are joined together with hidden joints. The system also includes opening units, which can be easily integrated. The U value of a facade must be calculated for the entire facade, see the right hand menu.
- Well-insulated profiles
- Several mullions and transoms Rectangular (profile depth 35-300 mm), I- and T-shaped profiles give a lot of freedom in interior design
- Opening window with hidden sash
- Doors Hinge type and sliding doors can be easily be integrated.
- Classified According to applicable EN standards
Unprotected glazed surfaces that can be reached by persons shall be designed to limit the risk of injury. Such glazed surfaces shall be dimensioned so as to withstand the dynamic influence of a person. Applicable standards and requirements should be taken into account.
- Mullion & transom profiles (pdf) (dwg)
- Mullion & transom profiles, I-shaped
- or T-shaped (pdf) (dwg)
- Dividing profiles (pdf) (dwg)
Rough calculation of facade profiles
See tables below in PDF format.
- Facade profile on 2 supports
- Facade profile on 3 supports
- Facade profile on at least 4 supports
- Dimensioning with regard to the weight of glass
The facade system can be easily complemented with 4074 outward opening windows and 2074 doors.
The 4074 window system is suitable for integrating in the facade system. The outward opening windows can be provided with fittings for either horizontal or vertical projecting function.
The 2074 door system includes inward and outward opening, single or double leaf doors.